Asian Zucchini Noodle Salad
A simple lunchtime salad that is vibrant, nutrient dense and delicious.
- 2-3 lb steak of choice
- 2 large straight zucchini, spiralized
- 4 green onion, green and white parts sliced and ends discarded
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted and salted peanuts look for no added vegetable oils
Asian Style Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove galic, minced
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
Mix all salad dressing ingredients in a bowl and let sit.
Grill steak to desired doneness. Then slice thin. I used a 3lb tri-tip marinated in extra salad dressing mix overnight and grilled it for 20 minutes (to 140 degrees for medium) and let sit for 10 before slicing.
Throw your poblano peppers under the broiler for about 5 minutes per side or until blackened. Then remove seeds and slice thin.
Place zucchini on the plate. Top with bell pepper and poblano, green onion and cilantro. Top with protein of choice. Drizzle with dressing. Top with peanuts.
This would also be delicious with chicken or shrimp.
If you have extra time, make a larger batch of the dressing and use it as a marinade for your meat! Delicious!
Recipe by Liz at https://www.thenutramom.com