Golden Glow Turmeric Latte
A deeply centering drink that is perfect during the cooler months.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk See notes below
- 2 tbs coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen powder skip if vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch black pepper to increase the bioavailablity of the curcumin
- sweetener of your choice See notes below
Add all ingredients in a saucepan over medium low heat. If you are new to these spices, start with 1/2 the amount and increase them to your desired liking.
Stir constantly until well combined and hot. Adjust seasonings and add sweetener if needed.
Recipe by Liz at https://www.thenutramom.com
Homemade almond milk:
Soak 1c almonds in water overnight. Drain and rinse. Then blend with an additional 4-5c filtered water. Strain through a nut bag or fine mesh strainer. Add vanilla and sweetener if desired. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1tsp agave
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 1tbs date syrup