Strawberry shortcake was one of my all time favorite desserts as a kid. My mom made them with sweet biscuits, fresh strawberries and loaded them with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Here I recreated my childhood favorite into a delicious and healthy smoothie. Introducing my Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie. All real food ingredients, full of healthy carbs, fat and fiber to keep you full for hours. Same delicious taste without the blood sugar crash.
The base is frozen riced cauliflower (I promise you can’t taste it) and frozen banana. Add in some almond or coconut milk for creaminess. A few scoops of Nuzest Protein Powder in Wild Strawberry to keep me full for hours. Fresh strawberries and vanilla for that rich strawberry taste. And to make mine extra special, I loaded it with homemade coconut whipped cream (super easy – check out the recipe below) and paired it with my super simple Paleo Shortbread Cookies.
Why Nuzest Protein?
- Vegan protein with all 9 essential amino acids
- 20 grams of protein, 2 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar
- 98% digestibility rating so no bloating or digestive issues
- Uses European golden peas which are pesticide, herbicide and GMO free
- No added sugar or sugar alcohols
- Sweetened with a West African Plant called Katemfe Fruit which is actually digested as a protein
- The world’s only alkaline protein with a PH of 7.9
- Paleo diet friendly because y use an enzymatic isolation low heat process which effectively rmoves almost off of the phytates, lectins and trypsin inhibitors, leaving a very high protein content (approximately 90%) extremely low allergen protein that will not predispose someone to nutrient malabsorption
- Mixes easily
- Tastes Great
Ready to try it? Head to Nuzest-USA.com and enter code “thenutramom” at checkout for 15% off.
Now great ready for the most fabulous summer treat: The One, The Only, Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie.
Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- 2 scoops Nuzest Protein Powder in Wild Strawberry Use code "thenutramom" for 15% off
- 1 cup riced cauliflower, frozen
- 16 fresh strawberries frozen ok too
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 cup almond milk if AIP, use coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla bean paste
- ice to thicken if needed
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut cream left in fridge overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla bean paste
- In a high speed blender, blend all smoothie ingredients. Add ice to thicken. Add more plant based milk to thin.
- To make coconut whipped cream, take your can of coconut cream out of the fridge and scoop only the solids into a bowl. Add vanilla and using a mixer, mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Serve smoothie with coconut whipped cream. I also served mine with my simple paleo shortbread cookies.