Anyone else love the Quaker instant peaches and cream oatmeal packs as a kid? They were my all time favorite breakfast so I had to recreate a healthier version for my own family to enjoy. This simple bowl of oats is loaded in joint, hair and skin boosting collagen, fresh peaches, gluten free sprouted oats, and a bit of honey and coconut sugar to taste. Topped with fresh peach slices and chopped walnuts, I dare say it’s better than the original! Plus instead of a straight sugar rush, it will keep you and your family full for hours.
Collagen is the primary source of protein in our bodies. When we eat it, we not only support various body structures like joints, hair, skin, and nails but we also improve our immune system and digestion. Collagen is easy to digest and doesn’t spike blood sugar like some proteins.
To read about some of the health benefits of collagen, head to this post.
To better understand the different kinds of collagen and how they work in your body, head to this post.
One of the great things about collagen is that you can find it powdered and unflavored so I add it so many of my recipes. I added some to my peaches and cream oatmeal for a simple protein boost. A few good brands I use include Primal Kitchen, From the Reserve, and Truvani. I can’t wait to hear how you like it!
Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1/2 cup sprouted gluten free oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs unflavored collagen protein
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 2 tbs walnuts, chopped
- Bring chopped peaches, almond milk and oats to a boil. Turn down heat to low, stir well and cover. Cook 5 minutes or until peaches are cooked and oatmeal is thick.
- Stir in collagen protein and honey.
- Serve in a bowl topped with sliced peaches, chopped walnuts and sprinkled with coconut sugar.