I’m really into focusing on vegetables as my MAIN COURSE. It’s a food philosophy of mine. I am also super into recreating healthy versions of my favorite comfort foods so when I came up with these super snackable Parmesan Carrot Fries I was like “Nailed it!”
Some easy nutrition hacks to make these even healthier:
If you can find purple carrots, buy them! They are a serious superfood with a compound called anthocyanin that promotes heart health, weight loss, fights inflammation and even prevents cancer. There is even an animal study that shows purple carrot juice reversed all metabolic related diseases. They can be hard to find so when you see them, stock up. Or, if you see a pack of rainbow carrots, pick the bag with the most purple ones inside!
Second, never peel your carrots. The most nutrients in a carrot are in the outer third of the carrot so when you peel it, you are throwing out the good stuff! Just give them a good scrub to get the dirt off and then cut them. That’s why whole carrots are healthier than baby carrots. Baby carrots already have all the good stuff peeled off! I love this because it means I get to save time by not peeling them AND I get a richer nutrition profile in my meal.
Enough blabbering. Start snacking!
Parmesan Carrot Fries
- 1 lb purple or rainbow carrots, cut into fourths No need to peel them
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss carrots in oil. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes (Toss and rotate after 10 minutes).
- Top with cilantro or parsley if desired before eating.
If you enjoy these as much as I do, leave a comment below!