Paleo + Vegan Cookies n’ Cream Dream Bar (GF/DF/V/Paleo)
These Paleo cookies n cream bars are the ultimate treat.
They are literally good for almost anybody:
- Refined sugar free
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
They are NO BAKE (whoohoo) and take only about 15 minutes to make. I store mine in the freezer and just pull out 1 or two into the fridge when we are in need of some treats.
I’ve been using a healthy superfood mix in a lot of my recipes called Nutsola. It’s a blend of nuts, dates and spices. They are gluten free, paleo and vegan. You can turn them into granola bars or use them in recipes like I do. I used their Cacao flavor for this recipe.
Pick up a bag and get 15% off by using code “Liz15” (Click here)
For other recipes using Nutsola, see here.
I am really into recreating childhood favorites with healthy clean ingredients (see more of my healthy treats here.) My kids love Oreos (as I am sure many of yours do too) but I really don’t allow them to eat them often. As most of our store bought desserts are, Oreos are highly processed and loaded in sugar and unhealthy fats. Instead, I make these bars with just a small amount of maple syrup as the sweetener which I much prefer to processed sugar. They have a slightly sweet creamy feel with a chocolate cookie base. Drizzled with chocolate they look super decadent but are secretly loaded in nutrients. Plus they are loaded in healthy fats and protein from the nuts and nut butter. You can still let your family have desert guilt free!
I love that I can store these in the fridge or freezer and just pull one out when one of us wants something sweet. My husband was the biggest fan of all and I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does!
Paleo + Vegan Cookies n’ Cream Dream Bar
- 1 bag Nutsola Cacao Almond DIY Superfood Mix Go to nutsola.com and use code "Liz15" for 15% off
- 3/4 cup cacao butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs vanilla bean paste
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Mix 3/4 bag nutsola with 2tbs water then press into the bottom of an 8×8 pan lined with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Combine cacao butter, cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Pour over crust.
Cookie crumb and chocolate topping
- Sprinkle the top with remaining 1/4 bag nutsola and freeze until firm then cut into squares.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the bars (for better control, pour into a ziploc bag then cut the tip and use that to drizzle). Place in the fridge a few minutes until the chocolate sets.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.