Paleo Pineapple Beef Stir Fry (GF/DF/Paleo)
Do you meal prep? I hardly ever do. I don’t like routine much so I love to mix things up throughout the week and eat whatever I feel like at the moment.
But I admit this totally gets me into trouble. I get busy. I grab snacks instead of a meal. I eat standing up or while I’m in a rush because I didn’t plan properly. I eat sweets for lunch because I have them on hand. I don’t make myself anything and just finish my kids’ food. Not good.
Somehow, I finally got motivated and meal prepped over the weekend. I think there was a perfect storm brewing. I bought too much food and I had no plans. Felt like the perfect meal planning session.
One thing I made was a triple batch of this quick and easy stir fry. The great thing about it is that it’s even better the next day. I love this stuff so I was able to eat it throughout the week without getting sick of it (which is a rarity for me).
My kids also loved it. Something about the sweet and salty combo is just great for everyone.
If you try it, come back and leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Paleo Pineapple Beef Stir Fry
- 1 lb ground grass fed beef
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced let sit out 10 minutes before heating to increase its cancer fighting properties
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon ceylon has the most health benefits and lowest risk of liver damage
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 head red cabbage, sliced
- 1 pineapple, cut into bite size pieces
- baby kale or mixed greens
- cilantro, chopped
- Saute beef in oil over medium high heat. Add garlic. Continue cooking until fragrant.
- Add cabbage, vinegar, and spices until the cabbage begins to soften.
- Add pineapple and cook 5-10 minutes more until softened.
- Season with salt and serve over baby greens and top with chopped cilantro.