I had a huge bag of pistachios starting at me in the cupboard and in my mind I created these amazing pistachio honey blondies that were out of this world. So I set out to make it. Fail. First one was way too crumbly. Ugh! But, I don’t give up that easily so I tried again. Second batch? Fail. This one tasted like nothing. No flavor at all. I was so frustrated! So I shelfed that idea for a few weeks and came back to it when I was feeling re-inspired. And let me tell you, the third time’s the charm because these bars came out so delicious and decadent. Served alone or with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, you really can’t go wrong.
Now you know I can’t leave you without a bit of nutrition information. And the highlight today is all about pistachios.
Health Benefits of Pistachios:
- Very high in vitamin B6, antioxidants and several minerals
- May aide in weight loss
- Promotes healthy gut bacteria
- May lower cholesterol and blood pressure
- May improve blood vessel health
- Helps regulate blood sugar
For all of these reasons and more, I load up these blondies with extra pistachios on top before serving. The most delicious combo is pistachios and honey drizzled on top. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must!
Gluten Free Pistachio Honey Blondies
- 1 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pistachios, ground into a fine flower alternatively use almond flour
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey plus more to drizzle
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix almond butter, baking soda, vanilla, pistachio flour, eggs, honey, and salt.
- Pour into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is set.
- When serving, sprinkle with extra chopped pistachios and drizzle with honey.