This is my #1 most asked for recipe. These Paleo Gingerbread Sticks are a huge hit with family and friends. Best of all, they are good for pretty much anyone.
The make everyone happy cookie is:
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Grain Free
- Soy Free
- Refined Sugar Free
Of course I dunked mine in organic white chocolate and Christmas sprinkles to make them a little extra for the holidays but this is totally optional. I’ve made them dozens of times without doing this and they are just as tasty.
Now to be honest, I am not a huge fan of gingerbread cookies. They tend to be really hard and dry. Not these. These paleo gingerbread sticks are chewy and rich in ginger, molasses, cinnamon and clove. I could eat a dozen!
The key is to be sure to cut them when they are hot. They will cool in the shape/size that you want and that way they will easily break apart. I cook them another 10 minutes on low heat to give them a caramelized flavor and chewy texture. This is imperative to have the right final product.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does! Happy Holidays!
Paleo Vegan Gingerbread Sticks
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbs palm shortening non-hydrogenated
- 1 tbs full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups almond flour, ultra-fine and blanched
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Optional Toppings (Omit if strict Paleo or Vegan)
- 1 bar organic white chocolate, melted
- holiday sprinkles
- 3 tbs turbanado sugar in the raw
- Bring molasses, maple syrup and palm shortening in a small pain over the stove to a boil. Turn off heat. Stir in coconut milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, spices, salt and baking soda. Pour the hot mix into the dry and stir well.
- Refrigerate dough at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Using 2 pieces of parchment (one below and one above), roll out dough into 1/4 inch sheet (do this in a baking sheet).
- With a pizza cutter, cut into 1 inch or 1/2 inch strips. Optional: Sprinkle with course sugar or sugar in the raw.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then go back over all the lines with a pizza cutter and wait for it to cool. Break apart into sticks.
- Lower the oven heat to 200 degrees. Cook 10 minutes more. Let cool completely.
- Optional: Dip in melted white chocolate and let cool on parchment. Sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.