Who likes things spicy? I totally do.
If you’re like me, you’ve got to try these hot wing style drumsticks and cauliflower. It’s the perfect combo! And if you are vegetarian, just omit the chicken. The cauliflower is good enough to be a meal on it’s own!
DID YOU KNOW: White cauliflower has more cancer fighting compounds than green and purple cauliflower, but the colorful varieties are higher in antioxidants. Moral of the story? Mix it up and buy both! Unlike broccoli which looses its nutrients quickly, cauliflower can be stored up to a week in the fridge without compromising its nutritional value.
In this recipe I used white cauliflower because I like the way it pairs with the spicy sauce and creamy ranch. But use your favorite variety!
The ranch dip is a cashew cream base and it’ so good I promise you won’t miss the dairy! I literally could not stop eating it.
FAMILY TIP FOR THE KIDS: My kids aren’t super fond of anything spicy, so for them I left a few drumsticks and cauliflower florets plain and let them dip them into the ranch sauce. This way the whole family can enjoy the meal without you having to make something totally separate for the kids. No one likes to be a short order cook, am I right?
Paleo Buffalo Chicken + Cauliflower w Homemade Ranch
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 cup Franks original hot sauce
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery seed powder
Drumsticks + Cauliflower
- 3 lb organic free range chicken drumsticks
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 3 tbs avocado oil
Dairy Free Ranch Dip
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight or in hot water 20min and drained
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dill more or less to taste
Spicy Buffalo Sauce
- Heat all sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
Chicken + Cauliflower
- Toss cauliflower and drumsticks in oil. Place cauliflower on a parchment lined baking sheet and the drumsticks on another lined sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping half way through. The cauliflower will be done before this so pull it out when it browns.
- Toss everything with wing sauce and return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes (or throw under the broiler if your chicken and cauliflower hasn't browned yet)
Epic Ranch Dip
- To make the ranch dip, blend all ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy.
- Serve alongside chicken and cauliflower for dipping.