Healthy comfort food is my thing. Seriously. I take all my favorite junk foods and turn them into healthy creations. And let me tell you, this totally hit the nacho craving like BAM!
So I used roasted zucchini because I don’t have an air fryer (gasp!) but I hear zucchini chips are awesome to make in the air fryer so if you have one then by all means use it!
This meal is so easy and delicious to make you are definitely going to want to put it on the regular rotation.
I love mine topped with avocado, olives, pico de gallo, cilantro and drizzled with Ranch dressing. If you want to try my favorite Vegan Ranch, check out the recipe here.
Paleo BBQ Ranch Chicken Nachos
- 1 lb chicken leftover chicken ok to use
- 2 large zucchini, sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup your favorite BBQ sauce I used primal kitchen
- 1 cup organic cheese, shredded omit if dairy free
- 1/2 cup peppers of your choice I used leftover shishito
- diced avocado
- sliced black olives
- pico de gallo
- chopped cilantro
- If you are using fresh chicken, grill it with some bbq sauce on it. If you are using leftover chicken, warm it over the stove with some bbq sauce. Make sure it's diced.
- Toss zucchini with oil and throw on a parchment lined baking sheet in the oven at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Then flip and roast 5 minutes more.
- Push zucchini together on the pan. Top with warm diced bbq chicken, cheese (if using), peppers (if using). Place back in the oven for 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- Top with pico de gallo, black olives, cubed avocado and drizzle with ranch (check link above for my vegan ranch recipe). Sprinkle cilantro on top.