This is hands down my family’s favorite 30 minute meal. Can you believe it only took me 30 minutes to put it together?! I am all about making healthy tasty meals FAST, especially on the weeknights when we are all so busy.
Do you look for fast recipes to help get you through the weekday madness? I definitely do. I know it can be hard to set aside an hour or two after a long day of work and kid’s activities to make a healthy meal at home. But don’t worry, I’ve gotcha covered. And these little sliders are going to be a HIT with the whole family!
Sometimes I enjoy making my own sauces from scratch, but when I am in a hurry I depend on some reputable brands to get me through. Tonight I used the brand The New Primal Noble Mustard BBQ sauce which I highly recommend, but Primal Kitchen also has one I love. Go ahead and use your favorite but check the label first. Ideally, it should have very little added sugar and should be sweetened with fruit juices or some other natural food. The New Primal sweetens there’s with pineapple juice and there is only 3g of carbs and less than 1g of sugar per serving. Primal Kitchen has no sweeteners besides tomatoes and has only 2-3g carbs and 0g sugars.
I poached my chicken in water because that is the absolute fastest way to poach chicken, but you could also put them in a crock pot for 4-5 hours on low or purchase a rotisserie chicken and shred that yourself. Don’t overthink it!
Paleo BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 6 free range organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Paleo BBQ Sauce of your choosing I recommend The New Primal or Primal Kitchen brands (I used The New Primal Mustard BBQ Sauce)
- 6 mini bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder, cumin and salt more to taste
- Toss potato slices in oil. Place in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned at the bottom. Flip over and roast another 10-15 minutes or until browned on that side and soft when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in a pan over medium high with 1tbs oil until browned. Flip over and saute another 5 minutes or so or until that side has browned. Pour in water, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drain water and shred with 2 forks. Pour in desired amount of BBQ sauce and mix well. Turn off heat.
- Prepare your guacamole by mixing all ingredients and adjusting seasonings to taste.
- Serve sliders with shredded chicken, sliced peppers and guacamole on top. The perfect finger food!