Healthy Copycat Reese’s (GF/DF/V)
Oops! I did it again. I made another healthy version of a childhood favorite. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate dunked peanut butter? I don’t know about you but I happen to be a self proclaimed peanut butter expert. I mean addict. I mean expert. Whatever. I love peanut butter. Add some chocolate to that and I’m in!
These taste just like the real thing but they are GUILT FREE (I said so), grain free, refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and vegan. Better yet, they are no bake and take only 5 minutes to make. That’s right. I said it. 5 minute Reese’s. Store them in the fridge and eat them cold.
BONUS TIP: Sneak in one in your kids lunch pail and become instant mom of the year.
Now for the recipe…
Healthy Copycat Reese’s
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3-1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips if vegan, make sure they are dairy free
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut or almond butter
- Mix peanut butter and maple syrup in a bowl. Add in 1/3 cup coconut flour and let sit 5 minutes (the coconut absorbs the liquid). If it's not firm like cookie dough, add a bit more until you can roll it out.
- Press into a parchment lined 8×8 pan.
- While the first step sits, melt chocolate and peanut/almond butter in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour over peanut butter base and cool in the fridge until firm. Then cut into squares.