We’re talking 10 minute GUT FRIENDLY + PLANT BASED fried bananas with coconut cream. Literally the perfect dessert. Loaded in prebiotics, probiotics and plant based protein, they make your tummy happy. Thanks to the use of UPLIFT FOODS Daily Uplifter which is loaded in superfoods like green banana, sacha inchi, Jeruselum artichoke and high vitamin D mushrooms, you can have your cake and eat it too!
So easy to make. First, throw a can of organic coconut cream in the fridge overnight. Second, cut a banana in half (bonus points if its green for more resistant starch and prebiotic fiber). Cook in a pan with some coconut oil. Whip up your coconut cream with a scoop of Daily Uplifter and maybe a touch of vanilla powder to make it over the top delicious. Then top some coconut cream over your banana and sprinkle with walnuts (if desired). Seriously, it’s that easy.
Health Benefits of Prebiotics
Prebiotics are a type of non-digestible fiber that feed the “good bacteria” in your colon to keep it healthy and thriving. Some naturally occurring examples of prebiotic fiber include leeks, asparagus, green bananas, chicory, Jerusalem artichoke, garlic, artichoke and onion. They come with their own specific host of health benefits.
- Feeds the good bacteria in your gut
- Increases calcium absorption supporting bone health
- Enhances digestion and metabolism
- Increases satiety
- Decreases bloating
- Relieves constipation
Why Probiotics are Important for Gut Health
Probiotics are specific strains of bacteria that enhance the microbiota in the colon. They also come with their own set of scientifically studied health benefits.
- Protection from obesity (researchers are even looking into fecal transplants for this)
- May protect against colon cancer
- Improved immune system function
- Treatment for Inflammatory Bowl Diseases
- Prevents certain bacterial infections including NEC and C-Diff
- Decreases colic and atopic dermatitis in babies
- Lowers LDL cholesterol
- Reduces upper respiratory infections and the need for antibiotics
- Helpful for acute or chronic diarrhea or constipation
- Can help mitigate allergies
This simple 10 minute treat is low sugar, full of prebiotics and probiotics and tastes delicious. Bonus points if you use a green banana!
Fried Bananas With Coconut Cream
- 4 bananas use slightly green bananas to increase your prebiotic fiber content
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 scoop Uplift Foods Daily Uplifter Prebiotic and Probiotic powder See notes for alternatives
- 1 tsp vanilla powder optional
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Throw the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Slice bananas lengthwise. Heat coconut oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Cook until browned on both sides. While cooking, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Scoop out the coconut cream into a medium sized bowl (save the liquid for another use).
- Add vanilla pre/probiotic powder and vanilla powder to the bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Top warm bananas with coconut cream and chopped walnuts. Serve immediately.
ILSI Europe.2013. Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Gut Microbiota.