This is the easiest most delicious roast you will ever eat. I promise. There are only a few ingredients, minimal prep work, and the crockpot just does it’s think. Hands down, it’s my favorite Paleo Crockpot Roast Recipe. And let me tell you, I make a lot of roasts!
How to Choose Your Roast
First, let’s talk about the quality of the meat. I believe that Americans as a whole are eating way too much meat. We are eating more than we need, purchasing cheap quality that comes from feedlots, and our health and planet are suffering because of it. However, I don’t believe that means we need to give up meat completely. I just think we need to know where our meat is coming from. And we need to conscious about how much our body needs and compare that with how much we are actually eating. How were those animals treated? How did they live? What were they fed? How much meat can my body process at one time? How much protein does my body require in a day? All of this is important, not only for sustainability, but also for our own health and well being. You can read a little more about why I always choose grass fed beef and the comparison with feedlot beef here.
A great resource to find grass fed beef is eatwild.com. I have also found a lot of great information from the farmers directly at local farmer’s markets.
Now that you have picked out a high quality roast for your paleo crockpot roast recipe, let’s talk a little about what goes in the pot: Pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder and salt. That’s it! Turn it on high or low depending when you want the roast done and you’re home free!
Pomegranate season is now (fall) so stock up! I topped my roast with fresh pomegranates. They have so many health benefits. Read more about how they are beneficial to our health here.
What do I serve with this paleo crockpot roast recipe?
- Serve it over sweet potato toasts
- Next to a big salad
- With mashed sweet potatoes and roasted root veggies
- Slice it for sandwiches
- Plate it next to a roasted brussels sprouts salad
- Roast some butternut squash and serve it over the top
- Turn it into a lettuce wrap with a delicious sauce drizzled over the top
- Serve it as a stuffed sweet potato with butter and shredded roast on top
The possibilities are endless.
How are you going to serve yours?
Let me know!
Paleo Crockpot Pomegranate Balsamic Roast Recipe
- 1 3-4lb grass fed chuck roast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh pomegranate arils for serving
- Place roast in a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Pour pomegranate juice and balsamic vineger over the roast.
- Sprinkle generously with garlic powder and sea salt.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. Roast is done when it pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Serve with fresh pomegranates on top and pour extra crockpot drippings over the top.