When my daughter Penelope’s dance class was canceled unexpectedly, we decided to make cookies to cheer her up. Healthy clean ingredient real food cookies of course. These babies are grain free, gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan. They are super quick to make and freeze well too!
I dunked them in dark chocolate to make them a little EXTRA (just like her) and the next day turned them into a super stacked ice cream sandwich with extra peanut butter layers and some dark chocolate truffle cashew milk ice cream.
I mean really, can it get any better than this?!?!
Grain Free Chocolate Dunked Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter use your favorite
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbs almond milk or other milk alternative
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate use your favorite
- 1 tsp non hydrogenated organic palm shortening
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix peanut butter, coconut sugar, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut flour, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Roll into 2tbs sized balls. Flatten by using a fork in a criss cross pattern (like you would a traditional peanut butter cookie). Sprinkle with additional coconut sugar if desired.
- Bake at 365 for 12 minutes or until firm. Let cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and organic palm shortening in a microwave safe bowl by cooking in 30 second increments and stirring until fully melted.
- Dip cooled cookies into the chocolate until coated halfway. Place on a few plates lined in parchment paper. When done, place in the fridge until chocolate hardens.
- BONUS: To make ice cream sandwiches, take 2 cookies and spread them with extra peanut butter. Put a scoop of your favorite chocolate ice cream in the middle (I used Soy Delicious cashew milk ice cream from the store). Press down slightly and enjoy immediately.