Plant Based Apple Peanut Butter Tart (GF/DF/V/Paleo)
My favorite snack is apples and peanut butter so it makes perfect sense that I would come up with a paleo-ish grain free apple peanut butter tart to snack on.
I bought these adorable little individual tart pans on Amazon. I was so excited about them that I had to use them as soon as they arrived! For the base, I used Nutsola Peanut Butter flavor mixed with a dash of water. You can find it here.
If you don’t have Nutsola, you can make your own: In a large food processor, blend peanuts, dates, chia seeds, coconut flakes, vanilla extract and a pinch of cinnamon. You want a crumble to form so that you can form it into a crust.
Next, press it into the non stick tart pans and bake in the oven. Throw some peanut butter and fried cinnamon apples on top and Viola! you have yourself a delicious little tart.
Now, I love apples. They are one of my all time favorite fruits. But have you ever thought about how to select the right apple at the store? I mean, which one is healthiest? How do you know if it’s loaded with antioxidants or just a big sugar bomb?
Check out my article on apples here (and pick up another delish apple recipe while you’re at it.)
And, if you’re into getting the most out of your food, be sure to check out my FREE GUIDE to getting 100x more nutrients out of what you’re already eating. It’s all about what to look for when buying, selecting, storing and preparing everyday items.
This apple peanut butter tart is seriously one of my all time favorite snacks. Ever. You’ve got to try it. They store great in the fridge too!
Plant Based Apple Peanut Butter Tart
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Nutsola See notes below if you don't have this
- 1 tbs water
- 4 tbs favorite peanut butter
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 organic honeycrisp apples, sliced or choose your favorite variety
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- Mix Nutsola and water in a large bowl. Taking 1/4c of the mix, press it into an individual tart pan until it resembles a crust. Repeat with the remaining 3 tart pans.
- Place the tart pans on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes. Then remove from heat and let cool completely before popping out of the tart mold.
- While the crust is cooling, heat 2tbs coconut oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. add apple slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook until medium brown and softening on one side, then flip and cook until browned and soft on the other side.
- Spread 1tbs peanut butter on top of each crust. Top with apple slices. Eat immediately, at room temperature or chilled in the fridge.