Sometimes you feel like dessert, but you don’t want to go to the trouble of spending an hour in the kitchen making something. Am I right?
That’s how I felt when I made a batch of these delicious coconut macaroons. They are so easy, even my kids can make them. They literally take 5 minutes to make and maybe 2 more minutes for the chocolate to harden in the fridge. They store wonderfully and are delicious cold so you can just grab and go when you need a treat. Best of all, they are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and paleo. They are low in sugar, high in nutrients and a simple healthy dessert for the whole family!
One batch makes 9-10 cookies. I used a little 2tbs measuring spoon to make these but you could also use one of those tiny ice cream scoopers or make them whatever size you like. If you use a 1tbs measuring spoon, they will be bite size. I like mine a little bigger but feel free to make them your own!
5 minute Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbs full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste can sub vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips if vegan, make sure dairy free
- Place dates, coconut, coconut milk and vanilla in a food processor. Turn on until a dough forms.
- Using a 1 or 2tbs measuring spoon, press dough into the spoon for form a round cookie, then turn over and remove onto a plate or counter lined with parchment paper. Should make 9-10 two bite cookies, more or less depending on how big you want them.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, stirring after every 30 seconds. Place in a ziploc bag and cut the tip. Drizzle back and forth to make a design. Put in the fridge for a few minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.